Sunday, November 6, 2011



Man is a knot into which relationships are tied.  ~
          ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Flight to Arras, 1942, translated from French by Lewis Galantière
What a tangled knot it can become~

Having good intentions or a clear consience  won't keep the knot from happening.
 Sometimes it seems like no matter what you do to untangle the knot it grows and grows and grows.  

Ive been accused of having a simplistic view of life -which is mostly a compliment I think. 
 In that simple view,I invest my emotions entirely 
into others ,assuming that they  do the same. 
In reality,sometimes they do - but most times that isn't the case. 
In those times,  I find myself emotionally spent ,wounded and hurt.

I'm trying to learn to balance my  investment in others  -but it isn't easy. It feels awfully selfish.
I'm trying to let go of the expectations that I have of others as well.

~As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will.  You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time.  You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken.  You'll fight with your best friend.  You'll blame a new love for things an old one did.  You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love.  ~Author Unknown


I guess I'm trying to learn to live a more realistic life- not so much the idealistic way I wish it all were.

No one remains quite what he was when he recognizes himself.  ~Thomas Mann





No comments:

Post a Comment