Thursday, June 2, 2011

Going to market......

For just a moment today I felt like I lived in another time...a slower,gentler time.

After preparing a dish of cheesy chicken spaghetti for our supper,I decided to visit my good friends new Farmer's Market. I wanted a  few fresh things but mostly I just wanted to be there and support the hard work that she's putting into this market and farm.Little did I know just what a wonderful treat it would turn out to be for me.

There were several new vendors -each with wonderful items!
As I stood behind the line of  customers, I realized that I was about to purchase some yummy artisan bread, fresh baked by a good friend and vegetables from another and a new Pomegranate drink from a new friend!

 All this freshness was  just right to make a simple chicken spaghetti seem like a gourmet meal!!!!! I realized just how important all this was in another time-a slower time. For just a moment I touched the edge of that time- and it was wonderful!

 I purchased fresh things from wonderful people who work hard to produce nice items at fair prices- all that was missing was my wicker market basket on my arm!!!!

You can be sure that my next trip "back in time" will include my very own market basket!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment